HomeMain content starts here, tab to start navigating
Welcome to Schroeder's
Originally founded in 1893, Schroeder's longstanding history, friendly atmosphere and convenient downtown location has made the Bavarian inspired beer hall a favorite of San Francisco residents and business professionals for the past 120 years. The original structure was destroyed by the 1906 earthquake and fire before being reopened at its current location of 240 Front Street by Henry Schroeder, who was actively involved in downtown San Francisco's reconstruction. Famous among downtown male clientele until opening its doors to females in the 1970s, Schroeder's continues to be known as a destination for drinks and dining in the Financial District. Breathing new life into the historic restaurant, new owners Andrew Chun and Jan Wiginton have revitalized and remodeled the space to include a new facade, interior detailing and communal seating, and have introduced a modern, German menu under Chef Paul Ortiz.